High alumina cement is also called aluminate cement. Aluminate cement is a kind of hydraulically cementitious material, which is made from bauxite and limestone and calcined with calcium aluminate
as the main component and alumina content of about 50%. Aluminate cement is usually yellow or brown, but also gray. The main minerals of aluminate cement are calcium aluminate (CaO·Al2O3, abbreviated CA) and other aluminates, as well as a small amount of dicalcium silicate (2CaO·SiO2).
High alumina cement
can be used to bind various refractory aggregates (such as corundum, calcined high alumina bauxite, etc.) to make refractory mortar or concrete for lining cement rotary kilns and other industrial kilns.
Application of high alumina cement
(1) aluminum smelting industry. It is used in national defense, aviation, automobiles, electrical appliances, chemical industry, daily necessities and so on.
(2) precision casting. The bauxite clinker is processed into fine powder to make a casting mould and then is cast in precision. It is used in military, aerospace, communications, instrumentation, machinery and medical equipment departments.
(3) Used in refractory products. The refractoriness of bauxite clinker is as high as 1780 C. It has strong chemical stability and good physical properties. High alumina cement has early strength, so construction in kiln can shorten the curing period as far as possible, that is, so-called "one-day concrete". Therefore, high alumina cement is widely used in refractory industry.
(4) Aluminum silicate refractory fibers. It has the advantages of light weight, high temperature resistance, good thermal stability, low thermal conductivity, small heat capacity and mechanical vibration resistance.
(5) Using magnesia and bauxite clinker as raw materials and adding appropriate binder, the effect of casting integral barrel lining of ladle is very good.
(6) Aluminum compounds can be produced from bauxite cement, abrasive materials, ceramic industry and chemical industry.