Foamed concrete, as a new type of thermal insulation building material with flame retardancy, waste saving, environmental protection, energy saving, low price and good performance, has been widely recognized, valued and widely applied by the whole society under the promotion of national building energy conservation and wall reform policy. Foamed concrete has been widely applied in various fields due to its excellent properties such as light weight, heat insulation, heat insulation, fire resistance and sound insulation.
1. light weight
2. good heat insulation
3. reduced noise pollution
4. Indoor temperature adjustment
5. Superior performance of anti-seismic
Foamed concrete has been widely promoted in developed countries such as the United States, Japan, Korea and Western Europe and has been widely used in the field of construction engineering due to its excellent characteristics. The proportion of light foamed concrete has been up to 90%, and the application of foam concrete is expanding and growing both at home and abroad.
1. The application of foam concrete in the energy-saving aspects of buildings is the only material that can provide all-round thermal insulation treatment on walls, wall spaces, roofs and floors of buildings. It is the first choice for building energy-saving materials. In addition, the national promotion of building energy efficiency has been increasing in recent years. So, the main application of foam concrete is still concentrated on building energy efficiency at this stage. In the south region where the day is long and the air temperature is high, so the foam concrete block and its light plate products are mainly used for thermal insulation of walls and roofs. The foam concrete is mainly used for heat preservation of walls in the northern region. In addition, it can also be used to make floor insulation tiles and other products for ground insulation, moisture-proof. Moreover, the use of foam concrete as a railway sound insulation belt has also made significant progress. The foam concrete soundproof board was successfully applied to the sound insulation belt of Wuhan Guangzhou high-speed railway in 2009. The high-speed operation of the train will produce high wind pressure and high-frequency metal noise in the interlayer. During the turning back process, the energy of the two will gather, which will increase the temperature and produce destructive "acoustic explosion". Therefore, sound insulation barriers should be set up on both sides of the railway in order to avoid harm to the buildings and residents on both sides of the road. The sound barrier is a ceramic foam cement composite sound barrier made of special inorganic material modified cement, which is a combination of low-density open cell foam layer and high-density closed cell foam layer. It also has many characteristics such as fire resistance, heat insulation, adiabat, sound absorption, sound insulation and high strength.
2. The application of foam concrete in engineering is an emerging application field in recent years, starting later than the building energy efficiency, but the rapid development, the volume and scope of its application are rising and expanding. It is mainly used in retaining wall, backfilling the foundation, backfilling the tube, environmental coverage, garbage coverage, ground treatment and so on. The foam concrete has been gradually applied to backfilling of building works geotechnical engineering in the 1990s. The foamed concrete is used in the hole backfilling at first, such as the backfilling of abandoned mine. Because it's light weight could prevent foundation sliding effectively. In addition, it has achieved good results in building foundation compensation. This is because lightweight foamed concrete is used as filler to control the strength range effectively. And the good compressibility can ensure the even settlement of the project, so as to compensate the free settlement difference caused by its self-weight. After 2000, the foam concrete was applied to the backfilling of geotechnical engineering and was successfully applied to the backfilling project of the underground passage of the Olympic Center of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.
3. The use of foam concrete in garden applications is an emerging area of landscape construction. It mainly includes rockery designs, foaming wood imitation material, etc. It can also be used to produce matrix materials for soilless culture.
4. The use of foam concrete for industrial applications is still in its initial stage, but is promising. For example, using its fire resistance, it can be used to make cast-in-place insulation layer for furnace and kiln, refractory insulation bricks of foam concrete, etc. It has also been successfully used in industrial pipe insulation, such as the production of pipe insulation shell or spraying layer; in addition, foam concrete has also been successfully used in the preparation of lightweight ceramic products.
5. The application of decorative materials can be used for reducing the density of decorative products such as plasterboard, light lifting items, etc., and can also be used for producing fire retardant foam coatings.